The Case for DIY Marketing
- Saves money. If you continue the DIY marketing route, you are going to save money. This is the same reason we mow our grass, clean our pool, and try to do the weekend warrior thing. By doing our own marketing we are able to keep a couple dollars in our pocket.
- Nobody cares about your business more than you. Is your marketing help going to stay up until midnight working on your marketing campaigns? No. You care about your business, it is your livelihood. You are going to put more passion and sweat into your marketing than anyone.
- You are the industry expert. You know your industry better than anyone on the planet. There is no way that marketing help can know as much as you. You know what your customer wants and know the competition inside and out. This all aids in your marketing.
- You control the message and tactics. The case for owning your marketing is something that most businesses want. Building a marketing department and marketing processes that work for your business can be better served inside the company.
The Case for Marketing Help
- You are not the marketing expert. Do you know what work works when it comes to marketing? Did you know that you can retarget any website visitor on social media? This tactic is something that most companies do not know exists. External marketing help can help you set the right tactics to drive your business.
- Saves time. This is the main reason that most companies look for when hiring external marketing help. The ability to save time. Let’s face it, you should be spending at least 2 hours a day on your marketing. From creating social media posts to blogging for your business, this all takes time. External help can get the job done for you, letting you focus on other projects and priorities.
- More creativity, better results. Marketing takes a team. You need a creative person to create graphics, a marketing manager to guide the process and analyze your campaigns, and a wordsmith or copywriter to craft the right message. Sometimes, this is one person, but most of the time this is a team. External marketing help can help you with the creativity and get you the results you are looking for.
- Cost more in the end. This is going to surprise some of you. The DIY marketing route might actually be costing you more in the long run. By hiring the right marketing help, you could be seeing better results. The amount you spend on external marketing help should increase your return on investment.